BULK STORAGE TERMINALS
With over two decades of addressing complex compliance, preparedness, and response challenges associated with Bulk Storage Terminals, TRP has unsurpassed industry expertise. Many of the largest terminal operators in the U.S. have entrusted TRP to develop response plans for more than 1,000 of these terminals. TRP’s proven response planning, emergency management, and compliance expertise for Bulk Storage Terminals provides the opportunity to implement best practices and improve company-wide preparedness.
TRP’s secure web-based, customized response plans are database-driven, which provides a framework to develop a standardized, streamlined format for your company, along with the functionality and tools to effectively maintain those plans. By creating a framework and mechanism to capture regulatory information, company standards, and site-specific details, TRP’s approach and technology improves our Clients’ compliance, consistency, and response capabilities.
TRP’s Response Planning Process
TRP specifically designed our software, products, and services to meet the challenges faced by large terminal operators - the sheer number of plans required, coupled with the complexity and heavily regulated nature of these operations. TRP’s technology is designed to:
- Eliminate multiple plan versions and content discrepancies
- Track status of all plans and agency submittals
- Provide an efficient method of revising standard content, forms, or procedures across all plans
- Reduce lead time and cost to develop plans for newly acquired properties
- Reduce plan development, maintenance, and overall program costs
- Simplify plan reviews and agency submittal processes
- Enable plan distribution to stakeholders in a secure manner
- Interface with Company HR systems to automatically update plan contacts
TRP has extensive experience developing plans that are required by EPA, U.S. Coast Guard, and PHMSA regulations. In order to improve compliance with agency reviews and company audits,.TRP’s plans link cross-referenced regulatory requirements to the content designed to meet each requirement. TRP develops the following web-based plans for terminals:
- Facility Response Plans
- Emergency Response Plans
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasures Plans
- Dock Operations Manuals
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans
- Facility Security Plans
- Oil Spill Tactical Plans (includes site-specific response strategies, locations, and photographs for offsite response planning)
- Fire Pre-Plans (includes response tactics, foam calculations, and identification of resources required to respond to tank fires)
- Corporate crisis/emergency management, business continuity, and office emergency action plans.
Other Services for Terminal Operations
- Site visits and audits - TRP can provide field technicians to gather information required to develop or improve response plans, oil spill tactical plans, fire pre-plans, and SPCC plans.
- Exercises - TRP can design and facilitate exercises at one or more facilities or corporate offices in order to meet regulatory requirements, verify and test response plans, satisfy regulatory requirements, and improve response capabilities.
Applicability of SMARTPLAN™ Modules
- Compliance Tracking Module - Specifically designed at the request of a large terminal operator, who previously utilized a series of complex spreadsheets to manage their regulatory requirements. Bulk storage terminal operations are heavily regulated, and must identify, track, and document hundreds of requirements and even more action items for each location. This module greatly improves the process and allow the operators to add, revise, or delete regulations and associated action items for one or all facilities.
- Incident Management Module - Improves response by importing specific notification requirements for each location, and provides documentation of response actions for each incident.
- Exercise Management Module - Originally designed for a large terminal operator who needed a better way to design, schedule, and document exercises for many facilities.
To learn more about Emergency Response Plans and TRP's Web-Based Planning Systems, CONTACT TRP.