With over two decades of addressing complex compliance, preparedness, and response challenges associated with refineries and chemical plants, TRP has unsurpassed industry expertise. TRP’s proven response planning, emergency management, and compliance expertise for chemical plants provides the opportunity to implement best practices and improve company-wide preparedness.
TRP’s secure web-based, customized response plans are database-driven, which provides a framework to develop a standardized, streamlined format for your company, along with the functionality and tools to effectively maintain those plans. By creating a framework and mechanism to capture regulatory information, company standards, and site-specific details, TRP’s approach and technology improves our Clients’ compliance, consistency, and response capabilities.
TRP’s Response Planning Process
TRP’s software, products, and services are designed to meet the challenges faced by large chemical plant operators - the sheer number of plans required, coupled with the complexity and heavily regulated nature of these operations. TRP’s technology is designed to:
- Eliminate multiple plan versions and content discrepancies
- Track status of all plans
- Provide an efficient method of revising standard content, forms, or procedures across all plans
- Reduce plan development, maintenance, and overall program costs
- Simplify plan reviews and agency submittal processes
- Enable plan distribution to stakeholders in a secure manner
- Interface with Company HR systems to automatically update plan contacts
TRP has extensive experience developing plans that are required by EPA and OSHA regulations. In order to improve compliance with agency reviews and company audits, TRP’s plans link cross-referenced regulatory requirements to the content designed to meet each requirement. TRP develops the following web-based plans for chemical plants:
- Facility Response Plans
- Emergency Response Plans
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasures Plans
- Dock Operations Manuals
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans
- Fire Pre-Plans (includes response tactics, foam calculations, and identification of resources required to respond to tank, process unit, and building fires)
- Corporate crisis/emergency management, business continuity, and office emergency action plans.
Other Services for Chemical Plants
- Site visits and audits - TRP can provide field technicians to gather information required to develop or improve response plans, fire pre-plans, and SPCC plans.
- Exercises - TRP can design and facilitate exercises at one or more facilities or corporate offices in order to meet regulatory requirements, verify and test response plans, satisfy regulatory requirements, and improve response capabilities.
Applicability of SMARTPLAN™ Modules
- Compliance Tracking Module - Chemical Plants are heavily regulated, and must identify, track, and document hundreds of requirements and even more action items for each location. This module greatly improves the process and allow the operators to add, revise, or delete regulations and associated action items for one or all locations.
- Incident Management Module - Improves response by importing specific notification requirements, and provides documentation of response actions for each incident.
- Exercise Management Module - Provides plant operators a better way to design, schedule, and document exercises.
To learn more about Emergency Response Plans and TRP's Web-Based Planning Systems, CONTACT TRP.