With over two decades of addressing complex compliance, preparedness, and response challenges associated with refineries, TRP has unsurpassed industry expertise. Many of the largest refineries in the U.S. have entrusted TRP to develop response plans for their operations. TRP’s proven response planning, emergency management, and compliance expertise for refineries provides the opportunity to implement best practices and improve company-wide preparedness.
TRP’s secure web-based, customized response plans are database-driven, which provides a framework to develop a standardized, streamlined format for your company, along with the functionality and tools to effectively maintain those plans. By creating a framework and mechanism to capture regulatory information, company standards, and site-specific details, TRP’s approach and technology improves our Clients’ compliance, consistency, and response capabilities.
TRP’s Response Planning Process
TRP software, products, and services are specifically designed to meet the challenges faced by refineries - the sheer number of plans required, coupled with the complexity and heavily regulated nature of these operations. TRP’s technology is designed to:
- Eliminate multiple plan versions and content discrepancies
- Track status of all plans and agency submittals
- Provide an efficient method of revising standard content, forms, or procedures across all plans
- Leverage duplicate plan content required for multiple plan types
- Reduce plan development, maintenance, and overall program costs
- Simplify plan reviews and agency submittal processes
- Enable plan distribution to stakeholders in a secure manner
- Interface with Company HR systems to automatically update plan contacts
TRP has extensive experience developing plans that are required by EPA, U.S. Coast Guard, and OSHA regulations. In order to improve compliance with agency reviews and company audits. TRP’s plans link cross-referenced regulatory requirements to the content designed to meet each requirement. TRP develops the following web-based plans for refineries:
- Emergency Response Plans
- OPA 90/Facility Response Plans
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasures Plans
- Dock Operations Manuals
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans
- Facility Security Plans
- Oil Spill Tactical Plans (includes site-specific response strategies, locations, and photographs for offsite response planning)
- Fire Pre-Plans (includes response tactics, foam calculations, and identification of resources required to respond to tank, building, and process unit fires)
Other Services for Refinery Operations
- Site visits and audits - TRP can provide field technicians to gather information required to develop or improve response plans, oil spill tactical plans, fire pre-plans, and SPCC plans.
- Exercises - TRP can design and facilitate exercises onsite in order to meet regulatory requirements, verify and test response plans, satisfy regulatory requirements, and improve response capabilities.
Applicability of SMARTPLAN™ Modules
- Compliance Tracking Module - Refinery operations are heavily regulated, and must identify, track, and document hundreds of requirements and even more action items for each location. This module greatly improves the process and allow the operators to add, revise, or delete regulations and associated action items.
- Incident Management Module - Improves response by importing specific notification requirements, and provides documentation of response actions for each incident.
- Exercise Management Module - Provides refinery operators a better way to design, schedule, and document required exercises.
To learn more about Emergency Response Plans and TRP's Web-Based Planning Systems, CONTACT TRP.